For the July Stella Lighting guest blog we’re offering up a quick question and answer with Vanessa from Lella Boutique! Enjoy!
- Tell us about yourself – where are you from? where do you currently live? Any details you’d like to share about your family life?
- I grew up in northern Utah and have lived all over the US including Jackson, WY; Brooklyn, NY; St Petersburg, FL; and Lubbock, TX. I currently live in southern Utah where I’m raising my two children. We live near Zion National Park and absolutely love all the things there are to do here.
- How did you get into the crafting world? Are there any particular people that are responsible for your initial interest in your current work?
- I grew up in a creative household. Mom was always making–whether that be a floral arrangement, painting a wall, sewing, drawing, writing, or building something with power tools. I used to spend hours playing in her fabric stash and it is because of her that I love to make things so much. She definitely instilled the idea of creating beauty all around.
- Tell us about your experience with your Stella. What do you like most? How has it been beneficial to your work?
- A designer’s eyesight is obviously an important tool in creation, so it’s vitally important to have good lighting–especially on those nights when I’m burning the midnight oil. It’s nice to have a specialized light to use in whatever corner of the studio I’m in.
- What projects are you working on currently?
- I just previewed my new Folktale fabric collection and patterns–fabric arriving to shops October. Right now I’m busy working on more new fabric and quilt patterns that will also be shown in October.
- Where can people find out more about you and what you’re up to?